Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another Chapter Ends

You know, I'm not sure how I feel at the moment.  When I loved from Rexburg, I was devastated to be leaving behind some of the greatest friends of my life, but so excited to be heading to Provo for a new adventure.  I didn't cry until my 1st Sunday in my new ward.  The realization that I didn't know anybody hit me...and it hit me hard.  I didn't like the feeling that everybody was staring us wondering if we were getting to know.  My Provo chapter was a difficult one.  Even though I have lots of family relatively close by, our schedules didn't allow for us to get together often.  That's part of life.  It always seemed to be the big events that got us together.
It took several lonely months till I was taken under someone's (many someone's) wings and invited to a "Girl's Night."  What a saving grace this was for me.  It was able to join in on an eclectic group of the funnest ladies.  Last night, they threw me a goodbye party.  As a token of the memories we made, they sent me a framed picture where each and every one of us looks sloshed.  I will prize this picture forever!  (I would have scanned it in, but I've already got that packed.).

Big trials hit our family.  Trials that rocked my boat and threatened to capsize me.  These are things I will be glad to leave in Provo.  I'm  hoping that one day I can look back and see the positive impact those particular hurdles had.  For now, I say ado to all of them. 

On a positive note, I am actually excited to move to Wyoming; words I never thought I'd hear myself utter.  I wonder if I'll always be a wanderer, awaiting my next chapter.  I hope not.  I hope that I can one day feel like I am home.  For now, I'll enjoy the book and just keep reading.  Every page has been an adventure and best seller (whether in tragedy, romance, or just plain good non-fiction).

6 comments:

  1. We will miss you, Lyndee. And I hope that someday you find that spot to settle down and enjoy living life. But yes, enjoy the pages in between.
    Good luck in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sloshed? What did you all drink at these girl's nights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lyndee! We all wish your Provo chapter had been longer. Even though I didn't ever go to girl's night and 'hang' with you. :D I have still enjoyed getting to know you and the cool thing is, I've gotten to know you best through the blogging world which you will take with you!

    I hope you are able to plant your roots and feel at home soon. You have so much to offer. We will miss you and your family.

    Chris, Mormon kool-aid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh Lyndee! We will miss you so much. I hope that when you come back to Utah to visit you will stop in for a Girls Night. Good luck on your new adventure and keep blogging so we can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad that I missed your last GN while living in Provo! I hope you enjoy your new chapter and can see the good that happened in Provo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will miss you! I"m glad we have blogs and facebook to keep in contact!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!